Sunday, February 15, 2015

Posting Classes and Class Material

Teaching class at Pennsic, 2011, Photograph by James Pollack
Throughout my tears of involvement in the SCA I have been privileged to learn a great deal from others who have come before me; those pioneers who researched and taught a variety of subjects of interest to me.  In time, as my own knowledge grew, I felt compelled to pay forward the efforts of my predecessors.  Because I enjoy teaching and have experience through my mundane job, holding several instructor positions, it was natural for me to begin teaching within the SCA.  This is an activity that has been both rewarding and pleasurable for me.

I have taught numerous equestrian related classes, as that is my main focus of research in the SCA.  But I have also taught other subjects such as Medieval Genealogy - researching using medieval sources, creating a medieval style family history record or book; and about the Cathars and their persecution by the Catholic Church. I have often been asked for class material or copies of hand-out from those classes.  I will be posting notes and handouts from these classes, so that interested people will have a place to read them.  This will provide me with another venue to share my knowledge and research in honor of those earlier teachers who shared their knowledge with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment